Top Books of 2014 You may like to read – Book Reviews
I will share the list of Top books of 2014 in this post but first, would like to say that 2014 would remain a special year for many reasons. I completed 10 years of blogging – in the world of blogging that would make me a veteran. More importantly, this is the year which saw many long-standing dreams come true. I moved to Goa in January 2014 – though the reason to move ceased to exist within a month or so. I love my new home – next to the sea, a cultural hot spot and a university that keeps offering courses on subjects I love.
My book The Mouse Charmers – Digital Pioneers of India, published by Random House India, hit the stands in April 2014. The book is officially a National Bestseller. It has sold more than 10,000 copies – of course, the author in me wants more. I am happy the entrepreneur community and the business students have very well received that book. Book also brought along an opportunity to speak at India Non-Fiction Festival and Goa Arts & Literary Festival.
Furthermore, this portal AnuReviews.com entered Limca Books of Records for being the largest book reviews blog in India authored by a single author. As the year ends, AnuReviews has more than 400 books reviewed. Also, the site now wears a new and more interactive look, do share your feedback on the new look and feel as a user. Earlier this year I also wrote a column for Hyderabad- based, C6 Magazine on books.
I acquired a Kindle Paperwhite and contrary to what I thought, I love reading on it – especially on the go, in the bright sunlight and in the pitch dark at night after all lights are switched off. Since lots of old classic books are available at many places, I hope to read them now. My big surprise was most Indian publisher’s reluctance to send review copies through my Kindle account. But I guess it is a matter of time that they would come around.
Top Books of 2014
Finally, here is my list of Top Books of 2014.
Fiction (Top books of 2014)
- Durgesh Nandini by Bankim Chandra Chattopadhyay
- Hidimba by Narendra Kohli
- Losing my Religion by Vishwas Mudagal
- Cat out of Hell by Lynne Truss
- The Love Letter and other stories by Buddhadeva Bose Tr by Arunava Sinha
- Sultana’s Dream by Begum Rokheya Sakhawat Hossain
Non-Fiction (Top books of 2014)
- Explore Delhi by Yasmeen Van Baugh & Yamini Puri
- When your Granny was a little Girl by Manju Dasgupta
- Letters from a Young Poet – Rabindranath Tagore, Tr By Rosinka Chaudhuri
- Bucket List of a Traveloholic by Sarika Pandit
- Why I’m still Married by Karen Propp & Jean Trounstine
- Who wrote the Bhagwadgita? By Meghnad Desai
- Green Wars by Bahar Dutt
- Mirrored Mind – My life in letters and code by Vikram Chandra
A few books on my new home which acquainted me with Goa.
- The Green Room by Wendell Rodricks
- The Sea of Innocence by Kishwar Desai
- Moving to Goa by Katharina Kakar
Wishing you all a wonderful 2015, filled with lots of books.https://www.anureviews.com/top-books-of-2014-book-reviews/https://www.anureviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/MouseCharmers-e1419563284957.jpghttps://www.anureviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/MouseCharmers-150x150.jpgGeneralNew Year PostI will share the list of Top books of 2014 in this post but first, would like to say that 2014 would remain a special year for many reasons. I completed 10 years of blogging - in the world of blogging that would make me a veteran. More importantly, this...Anuradha GoyalAnuradha Goyal[email protected]AdministratorAnuradha Goyal is the author of 'The Mouse Charmers - Digital Pioneers of India' , a travel blogger and an Innovation consultant. AnuReviews - her book reviews blog finds a place in Limca Book of Records for being India's biggest book reviews blog. Know More ...Anu Reviews