Best Books of 2015 – Book Reviews
2015 passed away faster than I could have imagined. There was so much to keep me occupied that it was only when I saw the beginning of December that I sat back to see all that I had done in this year. And make a list of the Best Books of 2015, I read.
It was a year when some accolades came my way like earlier in the year I was given Digital Innovator of the Year award and towards the end, I received ‘Best Digital Content’ award from SheThePeople TV and Axis Bank. It was a year when I spoke at lot of conferences like
- Startup Capitals Conference at Delhi & Bangalore
- Gurgaon Story, Gurgaon
- Lit Fest X – India’s first online Literature Festival
- Goa Arts & Literature Festival, Goa
- National Innovation Summit, Mumbai
- Launched Paula Constant’s books at Pune
I focused a lot more on my travel blog – IndiTales and hence the activity level on AnuReviews went down a bit. But I hope to bring it back in 2016. I also started writing a travel column ‘Stories from the Road’ in Navhind Times newspaper.
I read quite a few books on my Kindle and I often found myself missing its features while reading my real books – like an instant dictionary to know the meaning of a new word or ability to mark the sections without really spoiling the book. This year I also read a lot of authors that I had read earlier, which is not what I usually do.
Best Books of 2015
So here is my list of Best Books of 2015.
Best Fiction Books of 2015
- The Black Hill by Mamang Dai
- Teresa’s Man and other Stories from Goa by Damodar Mauzo Tr by Xavier Cota
- A Mirrored Life by Rabisankar Bal Tr by Arunava Sinha
- A Gathering of Friends by Ruskin Bond
- Matsyagandha by Narendra Kohli
- The House that BJ Built by Anuja Chauhan
- The Devil Take Love by Sudhir Kakar
Best Non-Fiction of 2015
- Becoming a Mountain by Stephen Alter
- Slow Journey South by Paula Constant & Sahara by Paula Constant
- Grey Hornbills at Dusk by Bulbul Sharma
- Buddha in Central Asia by Sunita Dwivedi
- Empires of the Indus by Alice Albinia
- Me Hijra, Me Laxmi by Laxminarayan Tripathi
- Dream with your Eyes Open by Ronnie Screwvala
- On Creativity by Sudhir Kakar & Gunter Blamberger
- At Home by Bill Bryson
- A History of the World in Twelve Maps by Jerry Brotton
Best Children’s Books of 2015
Happy New Year
Wish you a year filled with relaxed time to sit back and read that unread stack of books in the bookshelf and the bookstores near you.
Tell me the Best Books of 2015 you read.https://www.anureviews.com/best-books-of-2015/https://www.anureviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015-Best-Books.jpghttps://www.anureviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2015-Best-Books-150x150.jpgGeneralBest Books2015 passed away faster than I could have imagined. There was so much to keep me occupied that it was only when I saw the beginning of December that I sat back to see all that I had done in this year. And make a list of the Best...Anuradha GoyalAnuradha Goyal[email protected]AdministratorAnuradha Goyal is the author of 'The Mouse Charmers - Digital Pioneers of India' , a travel blogger and an Innovation consultant. AnuReviews - her book reviews blog finds a place in Limca Book of Records for being India's biggest book reviews blog. Know More ...Anu Reviews